Smoke Detector: 4-Wire: Photoelectric: Low-Flow: Duct-Mount
D4240 photoelectric duct smoke detectors are 4-wire detectors that feature pivoting housings that fit both square and rectangular footprints and mount to round or rectangular ductwork. They operate in airflow speeds of 100 to 4,000 fpm, in temperatures of –4 to 158 °F, and in a humidity range of 0 to 95% (non-condensing). Their plug-in sensor heads offer improved false-alarm immunity and simple installation, testing, and maintenance. An improved cover design isolates the sensor head from the low-flow feature for simple maintenance. The InnovairFlex® housings provide ample wiring space, 3/4-inch conduit knockouts, and built-in short-circuit protection to prevent damage to sensitive components during installation.
High-contrast terminal designations make wiring easy. With its 2:1 sensor-to-power capability, the power board of the D4240 may be used to monitor a second sensor, D4S, simultaneously (i.e., supply and return side). As many as 50 InnovairFlex detectors can be interconnected. When one unit senses smoke, all interconnected detectors will switch their relays; only the detector sensing smoke will go into alarm, enabling the fire location to be pinpointed.
Features & Benefits:
– Photoelectric, integrated low-flow technology
– Air velocity rating from 100 to 4,000 fpm (0.5 to 20.32 m/s)
– Plug-in sensor offers superb false-alarm immunity and the latest sensor technology
– Patented sampling tube installs from the front or back of the detector with no tools required
– Patented interconnect feature for multi-fan shutdown
– Built-in short-circuit protection from operator wiring errors
– Field-selectable settings for configuring the detector
– Two DPDT Form C relay contacts
– 24V AC/DC or 240V AC
– Backward compatibility with existing Innovair products, including remote accessories
– UL Listed
– FM Approved